Dear Friends of F3,
Six stouthearted citizens are running for a seat on Flagstaff’s City Council (in addition to two mayoral candidates). Three will be seated, with the top vote-getter becoming vice-mayor.
Friends of Flagstaff’s Future asked candidates 10 questions, focused on affordable housing, reclaimed water, climate action, policing, building heights, undocumented residents, and the minimum wage.
To read their answers go to https://www.friendsofflagstaff.org/2020-council-candidate-questionnaire/ Click on each candidate or, to compare candidate answers, click on each question.
As an Arizona non-profit, Friends of Flagstaff’s Future does not endorse candidates for public office. Questions and answers are presented here to provide information to our members and the public.
- Last day to register to vote is Monday, Oct. 5, 2020.
- Early voting begins Wednesday, Oct. 7, 2020.
- Last day to request early ballot by mail is Friday, Oct. 23, 2020.
- Last day to vote early in person is Friday, Oct. 30, 2020.
- Election Day is Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2020.
Stay safe, stay healthy, and vote!
~The Board of Friends of Flagstaff’s Future
Local Efforts: Good Information to Have and to Share
F3 Membership Renewal:
Don’t forget to renew your Friends of Flagstaff’s Future membership! Join us in making a real difference! https://www.friendsofflagstaff.org/join/
To register to vote, to register for an early ballot, and to find out the location of Ballot Drop Boxes: https://www.coconino.az.gov/195/Elections
Free Saliva-based Diagnostic COVID-19 Testing:
• Fort Tuthill County Park: Monday–Friday 10:00-3:00 p.m. Saturdays 8:00-12:00 p.m.
• NAU Fieldhouse: 9:00-2:00 p.m. Monday- Saturday until November 24
Course on Community Resilience:
Flagstaff College is offering a 5-week non-credit course on creating community well being in a post-Covid-19 world.
Wednesdays, Oct. 14 – Nov. 11 email@example.com or
General contact information:
• To Attend City Council meetings virtually: https://www.flagstaff.az.gov/328/Meetings
• To attend Coconino County meetings virtually: https://www.coconino.az.gov or call 928-679-7144.
• To access City Commissions including Open Space, Sustainability, Planning and Zoning: www.flagstaff.az.gov
Ideas and Inspiration
Safeguarding Small Businesses During the Pandemic:
26 actions community leaders can adopt to help small businesses weather the crisis over the coming months. https://ilsr.org/report-26-actions-local-leaders-can-take-to-help-small-businesses/
How Families Can Support Kids’ Mental Health During the Pandemic:
13th: Full Feature Documentary, Free on Netflix
Ava DuVernay’s examination of the U.S. prison system and the country’s history of racial inequality. Oscar-nominated, winner of Best Documentary at the Emmys. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krfcq5pF8u8